I was awaken at 3:00 this morning to a slight crashing noise. I have been peeling wallpaper in the main bathroom and in my sleepiness thought that perhaps something just fell in there. As I was trying to go back to sleep my thoughts turned to the hamster Lucas got for his birthday. I quickly went into his room and saw that the cage had been broken open. My next thoughts went to Sibley the cat. I went downstairs in the playroom to find Sibley anxiously guarding the amoir. I woke Lucas up and we put the cat outside. I moved the amoir and to our surprise there was Hammy the hamster still alive! Sibley had broken open his cage, carried him in his mouth, and lost him in the play before the kill which surprises me because Sibley is an excellent mouser. Needless to say, Hammy is now safely back in his cage, Lucas is back in bed, Sibley is still on the prowl, and I am exhausted!
No comments:
Post a Comment